Monday, September 20, 2010

When You Least Expect It

It's funny how certain revelations enter our consciousness without a moment's notice. It never ceases to amaze me when a moment between my Saviour and I arrives smack dab in the middle an ordinary day, transforming it into a cataclysmic event.

My work weekend was busy as usual. Three back to back weekend night shifts. On Sunday mornings I leave work at 7:00 am and go straight to the early service, coffee in hand, at Faith Baptist Church. Although my body is exhausted, having worked two nights and still having a third to go, my Spirit is energized and eager to hear from God's Word and to fellowship with an amazing group of Christ followers.

This Sunday was no different, except that I had to stay longer for a New Members class that I had signed up for. As is usually the case, I was blessed beyond measure through Pastor's words during the message shared to us as placed on his heart from God alone and yet again as he lead this new class to almost 50 of us. This was a double blessing indeed!!

As I was leaving and driving home for some much needed sleep, my heart was swollen with love and fulfillment for my magnificent God. Never in my life have I felt so at the center of God's will. I knew without a doubt that at that very moment, I was exactly where He needed me to be. I felt unbelievably loved and comforted. Completely and wholly at peace in every sense. It was if I could feel Jesus' arms wrapped tightly around me. WOW!!! It was amazing.

If you have ever had a moment like this, then you can relate to the intensity of such an event. If you have not, I can only assure you that when we live with Christ at the center of our existence, trusting Him with everything and living to bring Him glory, moments like this become more and more.

God is good. All the time.




No comments:

Post a Comment